Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Kiwi" sculpture

Having been flung back into freshman-hood as I work on my new degree, I usually try to make whatever BS project I'm assigned worth more than a grade.  Album art assignment? Great, I can use that for my actual album while the youngins make mix CDs.  One of our latest assignments was an in-depth look at a fruit of our choice.  We were told to create a 3D paper sculpture (without using adhesives) which would represent the "relationship of the outside of the fruit to the inside" in an insightful way. 


 I am not a fan of conceptual art, at least not when I am REQUIRED to make it, but the design I ended up with shows potential.  I'm trying to think now of how I can use this "sculpture" as something else.  Perhaps if I used patterned paper I could turn a bunch of these into a garland?  Or connect them to string lights as little lanterns?  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment